Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Training Update

Training for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure have really ramped up recently. I am training 6 days a week, including walking 4 of those days with long walks on the weekend of 10+ miles on Saturday and 6+ miles on Sunday. These walks have really been challenging and my legs are definitely tired by the end but I am enjoying the training!

I have had some great walking buddies recently including my friend Val, brother, Joe, and future sister in law, Allie. I really enjoy having company on the walks, it makes the time go faster!

I am still working on fundraising for the event as I haven't met the fundraising minimum of $2,300 yet. I am now going to be holding a fundraising event at a local bar to raise money for the walk. I am really excited about this event. It is going to be a beer bash, silent auction, and bake sale. I really hope this event is a success as I really think we could raise a lot of money for this amazing cause!

There will be many training updates over the next 93 days as I continue to train for this amazing event! I couldn't do it without support from my wonderful family and friends! I really enjoy the emails, texts, and comments of encouragement that I have received. They really provide a great source of motivation! Keep them coming! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment