Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baking....

One of my hobbies is baking!

I might be obsessed with it. Today I made multiple dozen of three different kinds of cookies, including Grandma Walker sugar cookies (frosted and decorated as well), monster cookies (my most popular cookie), and chocolate peanut butter cookies. I spent over three hours baking cookies today. I hoped to also make cupcakes from scratch today but ran out of time.

Baking is a hobby of mine that not everyone knows about. I could spend days baking and still enjoy it. It is so therapeutic for me. One of the best parts about baking is that I take more joy in making the cookies, bars, cupcakes, and cakes than I do eating them. I bake them and Matt takes care of eating them! :)

I really enjoy trying new recipes and making things from scratch. It is so much more fun to make a cake from scratch than to open a box, pour it in a bowl, add a few ingredients, mix and bake. I enjoy the process of baking.

For Thanksgiving, I offered to bring dessert. This involved making pies for the first time and I must say that I love it. Pies are so much fun and delicious too! :) I made pumpkin pie as well as apple for Thanksgiving. I hope to make more next year.

A dream that I have is to have a small side business baking for people, possibly/most likely just out of my house for friends and family but at any rate I really hope to some day bake for someone besides my husband. Until then, I will continue to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment